Cannot perform more than one GSI creation or deletion in a single update.
This error occurs when you try to:
- create a DynamoDB table with more than one Global Secondary Index (GSI); or
- add or remove more than one GSI for an existing table
This implies that you can only perform one GSI creation/deletion for a given table per
A work around would be to break up your changes to only perform one GSI update at a time.
For example, if you need to add a GSI and also remove one in a table, try the following:
- Add the first GSI and run
- Wait for the GSI to be created and for it to show an
- Remove the second GSI and run
Note that, the second step can take longer for existing tables with large number of rows, as DynamoDB backfills the index.